Benedict Morelli began his career in 1973 as a law clerk in a personal injury law firm, becoming eligible for the bar exam in 1977. After being admitted to the New York State Bar he became a partner and then senior partner of that firm. Mr. Morelli has a degree from City College, NY 1971 and studied law at New York Law School. Mr. Morelli has been a partner at his law firm since 1981 and a senior partner since 1990. In June, 1998, Mr. Morelli dissolved his firm and started Benedict P. Morelli & Associates, which later became Morelli Law Firm.
For over thirty-five years of trying cases, Mr. Morelli has received numerous multi-million dollar verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Morelli represents clients in complex cases such as:
- Product Liability including Talcum Powder
- Drug Product Liability including DES, Vioxx, Bextra, Ortho-Evra, and Avandia
- Employment Discrimination including Racial Discrimination, Age Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, and Gender Bias
- False Arrests and Civil Rights
- Auto Accidents, Premises, Labor Law, and many other types of cases.
In each of these areas, Mr. Morelli has achieved multi-million dollar verdicts. He represents individual plaintiffs against many major corporations including many large investment banks.
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern districts of New York
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Past President, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Sustaining Member and Governor, American Association for Justice
- Emeritus, Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Advocate Rank, American Board of Trial Advocates
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyer’s Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Past President, Brooklyn-Manhattan Trial Lawyers Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America continuously from 1997 to present
- Selected by New York State Trial Lawyers Association, New York’s “Superstars.”
Authored Works, Teaching & Interviews
- Regular on the nationally syndicated TV show “Power of Attorney.”
- Guest appearances, “The Today Show,” “Good Morning America,” “Aaron Brown,” “Anderson Cooper 360,” “Dateline NBC,” “The View,” “The Ananda Lewis Show,” & “Court TV”
- Feature article, “Benedict Morelli Feels Your Pain”, New York Magazine
- Taught and Lectured
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Association of Trial Lawyers of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association (“Proving Damages in a Civil Trial”)
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (“New York Superstars,” “Trial Advocacy Workshop,” “Summations,” and “Cross-Examination”).
Past Case Results
In 1995, his $40 million dollar verdict was featured in the National Law Journal as one of the “Top Ten Verdicts” in the United States.
He has tried every kind of civil case – from a person who tripped and fell over a raised door saddle and broke his hip ($2.6 million – the largest verdict in the country for that injury) to complex medical malpractice cases (the largest verdict in the country for blindness in one eye). He has attained the largest verdict for a loss of three fingers (medical malpractice) and the largest verdict for a crush injury to the arm.
In 2010, Mr. Morelli was lead counsel in a polio vaccine case which had been filed thirty years earlier and received a $22.5 million verdict (the largest verdict in Supreme Court in Staten Island, NY history.) It was also the largest vaccine verdict in U.S. history.
In 2011, Mr. Morelli was lead counsel in a sexual harassment trial in Federal Court in the Southern District of Illinois and received a $95 million verdict (the largest single-plaintiff sexual harassment verdict in history.)
Mr. Morelli was called upon to represent the plaintiff’s bar to counsel insurance executives on how to resolve cases. Mr. Morelli was selected as a member of the plaintiff’s steering committee of the MDL in the Avandia drug litigation, which is venued in the Eastern District Federal Court of Philadelphia. Furthermore, he was selected as lead trial counsel on one of the first two cases to be tried in that court.
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer after years of talcum use, contact Morelli Law Firm for a free, confidential legal consultation. We are happy to answer any questions you have about a possible Talcum Powder claim, or any type of injury or discrimination claim. Please take a few moments to fill out the contact form and we will respond quickly to your request.
Or please call us at 800-701-8800 to arrange a free, confidential consultation
Legal consultations are free, and there is no attorneys fee due, until after your case is settled. If there is no recovery, there is no legal fee at all